Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bott-Lax


 Third assignment for Ryan Wood's class. We were to create a vintage beverage ad using a robot as the marketing attraction. I wanted to do the something that tackled the equivalent of robotic gastrointestinal problems.

I did a lot of concept work to get to this point; so I'll post them here. Early on, I knew what type of situation I wanted to depict; showing a robot feeling those unwanted robo pains at the most inopportune time.


Next was coming up with the look of the robot while keeping in mind that it had to have a practical function. I started doodling random objects on paper, then some digital sketches




I first did the one on the left, and my wife mentioned that it looked like a shop vac, so I made one that was basically a shop vac with arms, wheels and a face.


Ryan actually liked the original sketch better, mentioning that a simplified look would be more effective. So I went back to the drawing board and sketched up some random ideas


Deciding on the bottom left, I finished it up and turned it in. Ryan suggested some changes and I've tried my best to implement them, which is the image posted at the top. The End

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff Stewart! You have worked hard to develop some mad skills...keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you just got me fired. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw this at work! "Relief for your 'Bott' " indeed. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo. I love the progression you show here. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete