Saturday, June 30, 2012

Alien girl


Portrait for Don Seegmiller's online course. The object was to use photo reference only for colour and value. Note: This is the first time I tried this method

Started out by blocking in the colour with the Dry Bristle Acrylic brush


After putting in the colours that I liked, I blended with the Grainy Water Blender. Yikes, she has zombie lips


Starting to clean up areas, and adding in some highlights on the flesh and eyes


Moving the orbits into a place that makes more sense, so she's not a mutant. Still, she's an alien I guess. Added detail to the hair as well, and background kinda


Got distracted watching Young Justice Invasion, but started touching up finishing touches.


Don recommended some great changes and I still haven't implemented them. I'll get to it though

No comments:

Post a Comment